Generate SHA512 Hash
What is the SHA512 hash generator?
As the name says SHA512 is on 512 bits and uses 80 rounds for the hash function.
Frequently asked questions
- What are the steps for sha512 Hasher?
The steps are similar for all hash function:
- Enter your text
- Optional: Select the checkbox to include salt and specify the salt or use the default value
- Select the get hash button
- Optional: Register to use our free REST API to get the hash
- What does SHA512 stand for?
Secure Hash Algorithm on 512 bits.
- What's the difference between hashing and encryption?
The biggest difference is that hashing is one-way function and encryption can be two ways. This means that from the result of hashing you cannot get the initial value, so it's irreversible. Encryption can be decrypted.
- What is salt?
The salt is a sequence of random characters that are combined with the initial password and the result is hashed. This is a more secure way to store passwords because the hacker cannot use the dictionary method to crack the hashes.
For example, if a user's password is 123456, using a random salt will secure his passwords from a dictionary attack because password hash is different using salt than without salt.
- Is it safe to use?
Currently, nobody found a collision, but there are many methods still available to crack it. To make the passwords more secure, store it using salt.
- Can someone decrypt it?
No, you can natively decrypt, but someone can use other methods to find the plain text.
- Is it free?
Yes, it's 100% free to use.
- Do you store the results?
No, we only generate it and we don't keep anything.
- There is an API available?
Yes, register for an API key and read the documentation.