Generate SHA384 Hash
What is the SHA384 hash generator?
SHA384 is different than SHA256 because it's on 384 bits, so the message diggest is 96 chars long. Also, this mathematic function has 80 rounds more than SHA256 which has 64 rounds.
Frequently asked questions
- What are the steps for SHA384 Hasher?
The steps are similar for all hash function:
- Enter your text
- Optional: Select the checkbox to include salt and specify the salt or use the default value
- Select the get hash button
- Optional: Register to use our free REST API to get the hash
- What does SHA384 stand for?
It stands for Secure Hash Algorithm on 384 bits.
- What's the difference between hashing and encryption?
The biggest difference is that hashing is one-way function and encryption can be two ways. This means that from the result of hashing you cannot get the initial value, so it's irreversible. Encryption can be decrypted.
- What is salt?
The salt is a sequence of random characters that are combined with the initial password and the result is hashed. This is a more secure way to store passwords because the hacker cannot use the dictionary method to crack the hashes.
For example, if a user's password is 123456, using a random salt will secure his passwords from a dictionary attack because password hash is different using salt than without salt.
- Is it safe to use?
Yes, but to sure use it always with salt. If you use salt, dictionary and rainbow table attacks are harder to succeed.
- Can someone decrypt it?
The idea of the process behind hash is to not be reversible.
- Is it free?
Yes, it's 100% free to use.
- Do you store the results?
No, we only generate it and we don't keep anything.
- There is an API available?
Yes, register for an API key and read the documentation.